Linking Aadhaar and PAN made mandatory for income tax filing by the income tax department in India.
We have observeed that the tax payers with long names were shortened in a non-standard form during PAN issuance, and is not the case in case of issueing Aadhaar, hence it's very important to link your Aadhaar with your PAN to make sure that the linking is successful before filing your taxes for AY 2017-18 onwards.
- At the top of the page, click on 'Profile Settings', then Click on 'Link Aadhaar' option
- You will get to see your personal details
- Verify the details on the screen with your Aadhaar Card
- If they match, enter Aadhaar Number and click on the 'link now' button.
- You will receive a pop-up message saying - "Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed successfully".
That's all! to link your Aadhaar with your PAN number, once successful, you are ready to efile your taxes for AY 2017-18 onwards.